LitART NOW Themes
- Use high interest books to promote literacy
- Includes step by step guides for exploring each book
- Aligned to state and national standards
Check out these realistic fiction selections featuring characters from around the world encountering challenges and dealing with new situations.
Discover true stories about amazing people in these biographies, autobiographies, and memoirs. Who ignited the civil rights movement by refusing to give up her seat on a bus? If you said Rosa Parks, think again.
Here’s a question. Is your life a result of your choices or just fate? Find out how these characters wrestle with the role chance plays in their lives.
Stuck in a graveyard. Strange dreams about a queen. Paranormal events. What's going on here?
Real life adventures of all sorts. What would you do if you found yourself accused of a crime, earned a living by sifting through trash, or had to talk to people but stuttered? Check out these award winning books to see what happens.
What if the government watched over everything? What if our brains were all connected? What if firemen burned books instead of putting out fires? Science fiction doesn't seem so much like fiction anymore.
Everyone is different. Everyone is the same. How can both be true? Discover how these unforgettable characters share life’s challenges like trying to fit in or trying to stand out. We are all the same, yet different.
Welcome to a world of fantasy and magical realism where anything can happen, and often does.
Customize the curriculum using response activities to develop essential literacy skills and meet the needs of your students.
- Q10 provides key comprehension questions about the text.
- Word Collections feature essential vocabulary from the book.
- WERD Writing includes creative prompts to connect student writing to the book.
- Literature Response offers ways to explore character, dialogue, and literary elements.