WERD is an engaging comprehensive writing curriculum that teaches the writing process, strategies, skills, and traits.
- Inspires writing through a variety of fun writing activities.
- Features evidence-based techniques for teaching writing skills and strategies.
- Combines free-writing, the writing process, and targeted instruction.
- Can be used as regular school day curriculum or or as intervention in Title 1, 21st CCLC, Migrant, Summer, Title II, or after school.
WERD Writing Curriculum
- WERDPlay fosters creative writing explorations that motivate and inspire writing.
- WERDSkills feature brief fun writing activities that focus on one feature of effective writing.
- WERDTools are essential resources for creating successful writers such as rubrics and writing frames.
- WERDWrites are the foundation of the program. Students write in response to prompts everyday.