- The leader guides a performance of the story.
- Choose performers as you encounter characters, not before.
- Provide a simple summary of the performing area.
- As you read, check to see if the performers are doing the actions in the story.
- Have the performers repeat the dialogue by dividing lines into repeatable phrases.
- Provide three levels of guidance:
- Read and watch.
- Repeat emphasizing the action words.
- Give a verbal prompt (e.g., pretend you are swimming).
Performed Reading Grade 3-4